Isabel Island is located off the coast of Nayarit, northwest of San Blas, on the continental shelf where the depth is less than 328 feet. The island has an area of 82 hectares and is almost two kilometers in length by 2624 feet wide. It was declared a national park since 1980, given its importance as a refuge for sea birds, their characteristics in their life cycle (low reproductive rates, long life spans, few mechanisms against predators, diets, and highly specialized foraging techniques), are highly vulnerable to stressors, which is why a minimum of passengers may remain on the island to a certain amount of days, the sunrises and sunsets are unique, and there is no such place in other parts of Mexico due to the diversity of flora and fauna.
These birds depend almost exclusively on the island to breed and it is a limiting resource. The protected area decree considers only the land portion and left without legal protection the marine area.
Most birds rely entirely on what gives them the sea. Under the water surrounding the island inhabited by fish that feed these birds, and the livelihoods of fishermen. In addition to these fish, there is great diversity of animals that spends part or all their lives in coral communities of Isabel Island.
"AN INSPIRATION FROM NATURE"
- Based foods and seafood (fish Saranda, oysters, fish and shrimp ceviche, chimichangas, shrimp preparations, etc).
- Camping facilities (bathrooms, kitchen and space to mount Camapaña house).
- Migratory Bird watching (Bird blue-footed booby, frigate birds, gulls, bird-footed booby cafes, etc.).
- Whale watching (season from November to March).
- Dolphi watching.
Additional recommendations for this tour:
- Camp house.
- Sleeping bag.
- A slight change of clothes.
- Swimwear and towel.
- Tennis and Sandals.
- Video Camera.
- Normal camera and or underwater camera.
- And desire to live an unforgettable experience.
rates with groups of minimum 10 persons:
|Departure From||Adult Rates||Child Rates||Departure Time (day 1)||Arrival Time (day 2)|
|Rincón de Guayabitos||$3,170.00||$2,120.00||3:30 a.m.||07:00 p.m.|
|San Blas||$2,320.00||$2,120.00||6:00 a.m.||05:00 p.m.|
|Tepic||$2,320.00||$2,120.00||5:30 a.m.||05:00 p.m.|
2015 March 6, 7 and 8
Space is limited!
*Rates per person.
*The Isabel Island tour has a duration of two days and one night.
*The price per person for extra day is $ 1,000.00 mxp.
SPECIFICATIONS OF FOOD:
The food offered in the course are fresh and prepared when consumed recipes based on seafood of the region in great portions.
Some of the dishes that are included in the tour are:
- Smoked fish.
- Fish and shrimp ceviche.
- Scallop and shrimp patties.
- Among others.
RESERVATIONS AND CANCELLATIONS POLICY OF ISABEL ISLAND TOUR:
- This tour can be booked 45 days in advance and carried out with a minimum of 10 people and a maximum of 30.
- To enforce the reservations, they must lodge a deposit of $ 200.00 per person at the time of requesting the booking or prior to 45 days before the date of the tour, on account of payment of fees for admission to the island (bracelets) in specified days without refund in case of cancellation.
- Perform a second payment of 60%, 20 days before the date established right 50% refund if cancellation with 10 days notice, otherwise non-refundable.
- Total the final amount before setting sail and begin the tour.
The cost per additional day is $ 1,000.00 per person and you must specify at time of booking.
*The recommended age for this tour is 12 years or older. The return times may vary according to weather conditions and sea.